Wednesday, May 7, 2008

MySpace.com - My Photo Albums - My Photos

MySpace.com - My Photo Albums - My Photos



Cool Stuff to do with Photoshops' Photomerge
In The Cats Eye




Greetings!! It's The Old Panhandler here with some
information on a subject that may be of some interest
to any and all you photographic Buffs out there.
Adobe products have been on the market for what seem
like forever. For any of us with a camera, be it an
inexpensive point and shoot or a Top of the line digital
slr we use Adobe Photoshop in one form or another to
make those memories of a lifetime come to life, you
know, that "One Picture is Worth a Thousand Words"
type of memory.
What I'm going to focus on is an application within
Photoshop Elements, namely Photomerge. Photomerge
is great for splicing multiple photos together to achieve
a panoramic photograph. I've used it in the past with much
success. But that's NOT its only use!!!
I've done some photograhpic retouching and restoration
for friends and Clients in the past and they asked if I
could combine all gererations of a family into one picture.
That's when I discovered one of the many other uses for
Photomerge.
As an example, I've used a macro shot of our resident
"BadBoy". His Given name is Percy but he responds to
Badboy as well. The photo was shot in Tiff format and
absolutely no clean-up. The camera that I used is an
Olympus E-volt E-300. Since I used the macro setting
on the Olympus I needed only minimal cropping to
achieve "In The Cats Eye" displayed above.
The other photo, you ask. Just look in the cats eye and
you'll see out old boy "George". This photo came from a
scanned image I took many years ago. The photo was
cropped to include just his head and very little else. It was
saved as a giff. , 75 times 75 pixels to be able to fit it in
the eye. Photomerge doesn't merge the photos, but allows
you to super impose the two. After that's done all that is
needed is a little clean-up with the clone stamp tool and
there you have it!!!! This took me about 15 minutes to do.
This is just a cheap Parlor trick to prove a point. "With
Photoshop You're limited only by your imagination."

No comments: