Monday, May 12, 2008

An Afternoon In The Everglades





This Guy Just showed up while my wife and I were fishing and stayed around for couple of hours





They're quite a bit bigger that the Florida Grey squirrel and I believe there are different strains.

The ones with the ear tufts are really neat.









WE live about 20 minutes from Janes Scenic Drive in Fakahatchee Strand. This was shot

upon returning home



Our pet hawk. He/she hangs out at our favorite fishing hole and waits for hand outs. We usually try and toss him/her a fish when we're there .




I believe it's a burrowing Owl. While We were at the Big-T it landed on our picnic table and stayed most of the morning. I got 18 shots of it. I'm partial to this one





I use an Olympus E-1 for most of my pictures. This was shot with a 14 by 42 Zuiko lense at

about 10 feet








Grey Squirrel









Lantana, the shot taken on a portion of Janes Scenic Drive I Highly reccomend anyone that's

visiting in the South West Florida area to take a day and do Janes Scenic Drive It's native

Habitat for Deer, Bear, Turkey and Panther The dirt road cuts through the middle fo the

Panther Refuge.












It's not much to look at. I don't even know what it's called, but it smells as sweet as honey














Just one of our many fishing holes. Good for small Tarpon, to 40 pounds, Snook, Bass

and most of the exotic panfish like Oscar, Myan Ciclid and such.























No comments: